Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cyclone Yasi and calm around here

Today I am relieved no lives were lost in Far North Queensland during the huge cyclone which passed over them on Wednesday. Now for the rebuild. Good thoughts go out today to the USA as they are in the grip of a huge snow storm.
This morning here in Western Australia the weather is calm and already very warm 23c at 6:00am.
Having my coffee I heard a persistent tapping on the verandah roof, grabbed my camera and went to see if I could see what it was.  I thought it may have been a dragon fly and I have been trying to capture a shot of one.. (they hardly ever settle long enough).  Very exciting!-it was the pair of wrens who visit looking for their breakfast sometimes.  They are also so fast its almost impossible to capture anything other than a blur. The male is developing his bright blue markings, his iridescent patch is stunning in the morning sunlight.  I have a couple of shots .. blurry though...
I am trying to improve my photography skills by trial and error so I hope at the end of the 52 weeks I will have a better chance to capture them if they stay with us through the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment