Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2 February 2011

This first week of February has started with the thought "Oh my goodness! Its February already!"  
Where did January actually go?!  
To be honest I've been in holiday mode - we stayed at our beach house until Jan 11th which was a total indulgence and delight. Its our first summer with a place by the ocean so we revelled a little in pottering around and making a few little changes to put our stamp on the place and make it "Ours".  Its a shack right now but in a couple of summers we will demolish it and rebuild a modern strong building to spend even more time in!  Its a blank canvas to play with right now and we love it! 


Yesterday was a day with my girls...  Juliet who is almost 4 yrs old now was at school for the morning - the first of the new year - so I stayed with Beth my daughter, and Sybilla, our lovely new baby who is only 8 weeks old until it was time for school pickup.  We had lunch at Beth's home ( a delicious Ploughmans Lunch ) as J was a little tired from school activities, Then we were entertained by J, she was playing 'Cafe's" and serving lovely plastic sandwiches until heading out again on the road to home. Beth has learned free-machine sewing and is very pleased with the results. 


My lovely husband is a bit gouty but much improved last night Thankfully!  Its a horrible painful condition! Red meat banned for a little while in our house... 


So... holiday mode disconnected .......  I have to find some work out in the big wide world again...  Sigh...  
Its not the going to work that bothers me so much as the having to sell myself to someone so that they see my worth and are happy to pay me for my time.  Is that just me?


Ah well....  

No comments:

Post a Comment